Ironwood - July 23, 2009
Story by Linda Gustafson, photos by Lou Bonagura
2009 OLD DEPOT CLASSIC, CUSTOM & ANTIQUE AUTO SHOW
classic, custom and antique vehicles were on display on Lowell Street on
Sunday, July 19, for the 21st Annual Old Depot Classic,
Custom & Antique Auto Show – part of Festival Ironwood 2009. Best in
Class (1st) and Outstanding in Class (2nd)
trophies were awarded in twelve different classes, along with six
special trophies, with trophies sponsored by area businesses and
organizations. Show participants voted on the cars, with the results as
follows (Best in Class listed first, followed by Outstanding in Class –
more than two listed in a class means a tie for Outstanding):
– 0-1940 – no entries
– 1941-1954 – no entries.
– 1955-1964 – Mimi Kuklinski, Ironwood, 1956 Ford Thunderbird; Chuck
Gotta, Ironwood, 1959 Buick LeSabre.
– 1965-1970 – George Slivinski, Eagle River, WI, 1965 Chevrolet El
Camino; Sharon Laabs, Ironwood, 1966 Plymouth Satellite.
– 1971-1980 – Chris Drake, Cazenovia, WI, 1971 Dodge Demon; Jeff &
Charlotte Behrendt, Ironwood, 1978 Pontiac Trans Am; Joe Dudra,
Ironwood, 1972 Chevrolet Chevelle.
– Street Rods (1900-1949) – Bill Tippett, Ironwood, 1935 Ford 5-Window
Coupe; Peggy & Jerry West, Eagle River, WI, 1936 Ford Sedan.Class
– Street Machines (1950 & over) – Tom Laabs, Ironwood, 1974 Plymouth
– Factory Muscle Cars – Don Kuechler, Woodruff, WI, 2010 Chevrolet
– Corvettes – Jeff & Char Behrendt, Ironwood, 1973 Corvette Stingray;
Bob & Judy Bergquist, Ironwood, 1995 Corvette Convertible.
– Convertibles – George Kuklenski, Ironwood, 1968 Pontiac LeMans.
– Special Interest – Rick Tippett, Ironwood, 1938 Chevrolet Panel Truck;
Savannah Larson (age 11), Ironwood, mini-roadster, mini-NASCAR, 2
– Trucks – Bill and Susie Melchi, St. Germain, WI, 1948 Chevrolet
Pickup; Joe Bruin, Laona, WI, 1980 Jeep Pickup J-20; Jim Collins,
Ironwood, 1975 Dodge Power Wagon.