1. Remove core from cabbage. Remove any
blemished leaves. Put cabbage in a 3-quart casserole. Add
boiling water to cover about one-quarter of the bottom of the
2. Cook, covered, on HIGH for 6 minutes.
3. Cool cabbage slightly and remove 6 to 8 of the large outside
leaves. Remove the tough center core from each leaf.
4. Combine ground beef, pork, rice, egg, thyme, parsley, garlic,
salt, and pep per. Toss together lightly. Divide mixture among
cabbage leaves. Wrap leaves tightly around mixture.
5. Line bottom of a 3-quart casserole with some of the leftover
cabbage leaves. Place rolled cabbage packets on top of loose
leaves. Cover with remaining pieces of cabbage.
6. Top with butter. Pour tomato sauce over top.
7. Cook. covered, on REHEAT for about 30 minutes, or until meat
is cooked and rolls are fork-tender.
8. Remove and let stand, covered. 10 minutes.
9. Discard the top loose cabbage leaves before serving.