1 package corkscrew pasta, substitute medium shell pasta
3 cups broccoli flowerets
2 tablespoons margarine, substitute butter
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
4 cups reduced-fat milk
1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
1 can chunk light tuna in water, drained and flaked
2 medium tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
Yields: 6 servings
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In large saucepot, cook
pasta in boiling salted water 5 minutes; add broccoli to pasta
and cook another 5 minutes or until broccoli is tender and pasta
is al dente. Drain well and return to saucepot; set aside.
2. Meanwhile, in 3-quart saucepan, melt margarine or butter over
low heat. Stir in flour, salt, and pepper until blended and
cook, stirring, 1 minute.
3. Gradually stir in milk; increase heat to medium-high and
cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture thickens and boils.
Boil 1 minute, stirring frequently. Remove saucepan from heat
and stir in 1/2 cup cheese until blended.
4. Add cheese sauce and tuna to pasta and broccoli in saucepot;
toss until evenly mixed. Transfer mixture to shallow 3 1/2-quart
casserole or 13-inch by 9-inch glass baking dish. Arrange tomato
slices on top, overlapping if necessary. Sprinkle with remaining
1/2 cup cheese.
5. Cover baking dish with foil and bake 20 minutes or until hot