1. Combine chicken breasts, onion, celery, 2 teaspoons of the
salt, peppercorns and water in large saucepan.
Bring to boiling; lower heat; simmer, covered, 30 minutes, or
until chicken is tender.Remove from heat; cool in broth until
cool enough to handle.
2. Lift chicken from broth, remove and discard skin and bones;
dice meat; place in a large bowl.
3. Strain stock into a measuring cup; there should be about 2
cups. Return broth to saucepan; bring to boiling.
4. Sprinkle gelatin over Vi cup of the wine; let stand to
soften, 5 minutes. Stir into' hot broth until dissolved. Measure
out 1/4 cup; combine with remaining 1/4 cup wine and pour into
an 8-cup mold. Place mold in a pan filled with ice and water;
chill until mixture is syrupy-thick. Cut 15 to 18 thin slices
from one cucumber; arrange overlapping on gelatin, pressing down
5. Shred remaining cucumber coarsely. (You should have about 2
cups.) Add to chicken along with onion and dill or dillweed.
Chill remaining gelatin mixture until syrupy-thick; stir in
mayonnaise or salad dressing, sour cream and the remaining 1
teaspoon salt until smooth. Pour over chicken mixture; stir to
mix. Carefully spoon into mold. Refrigerate several hours, or
6. Unmold onto serving plate. Garnish with crisp lettuce,
avocado slices, lemon wedges and sprigs of dill